Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Our 3 Year Anniversary

Wow, I can't believe its been three years since Patrick and I got married...well, I lie, a part of me can believe it. Its been a long three years in terms of where we are now. After we got married, we got consumed with having a baby after just a few months. We were so naive then. We were planning which month we wanted to get pregnant so we would have our baby at just the right time of the year. Little did we know the journey that we would take these first three years of our marriage. Infertility has affected our lives in more ways than we ever could have imagined. It could have affected our marriage in so many different ways, but I think we did the best we could have with the hand we were dealt. We've grown closer than I ever could have imagined. Infertility has left me with such an amazing relationship with my husband. It is not something I would wish for ever, but I can see how we've grown together and how his love and support has strengthened us. Patrick is such an amazing husband and father. When I look back over these past three years and the joy and the pain we've experienced, the joyful and fun memories by far outweigh the pain. I'm sure its alot easier since we have our beautiful daughter with us, and that this blog would be much different today if we were still trying. But we were lucky, we are lucky. We've been blessed to have such an amazing life together. And I know we'll still have our tough times and fights, but its amazing to me that after everything we've been through, we're in such a great place in our life together. This gives me hope that we can accomplish anything together and that our marriage will continue to flourish. Happy Anniversary to Us!

In other not so sappy news, we're buying a house. We're supposed to close in 2 weeks. Everything seems to be on schedule. The house is in Slatedale, PA - about 20 minutes from my family. Its such a beautiful house and as my mom said, "is so you." Its an old Victorian house with three bedrooms, a sunroom, 1.5 baths and a nice size side yard.Its on its own little island with side roads surrounding it but no houses right next to it. Its the perfect house for our family to grow in. We're so excited!

Paige celebrated her 6 month birthday yesterday as well. She is getting so big. For those of you who don't check her blog, she is rolling everywhere and starting to crawl backwards. She is so active and inquisitive and just wants to go, go, go. She amazes me everyday. She just loves life! And we love her!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is beautiful Erin. I am so happy for you. Congrats on your anniversary, your house and of course your beautiful little Paige.