Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4w5d

Some uncertain and unsettling news today at the doctors...they couldn't find the gestational sac. Everyone was really great and supportive. They're telling me there could be a few reasons for this. The first is that it just may be too early and I have a baby that is taking its time developing, the second is that there could be multiples (I'm not sure why this would take longer to see, but apparently, it does), and finally, it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I went for more bloodwork today and go back tomorrow for an ultrasound. I hope my numbers are still doubling and that everything is ok. The doctor said it could only take a day to see something. I was totally panicked and still am a bit, but I don't have any symptoms of an ectopic - no bleeding, cramping, or pain. In fact the only symptoms I have of this pregnancy are sore breasts and constant hunger. I actually told Pat last night that there has to be two in there, since I don't think I'm supposed to be as hungry as I am. I pray that that is what is going on here. I'm hoping I went early enought for b/w today that I'll get a call back with results later this afternoons, if not I'll have to wait until tomorrow to hear anything at all. Please keep your fingers crossed and keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Erin, how scary. I have been thinking about you all day. I hope that everything turns out ok. Please keep me posted.

Melissa said...

Oh honey! That is very scary.. but like your doctor said.. it is very early still.. I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you go back for your ultrasound.