Tuesday, April 22, 2008

8w

Ok, so I'm going by the count the doctor is using, so I'm officially 8 weeks today, even though I'm really only 7w4d because of how late I ovulated. But instead of confusing myself, I'll go with what the doctor is using and just expect to be a few days late.

As for the ultrasound, it was perfect, baby is measuring a little behind, but by my calculations - right on track! We got to see the heartbeat - 151 beats per minute! So perfect!! I'm so excited and know that being as sick as I am will all be worth it. Now I need to find an OB back in PA and set up an appt for when I get there. I've technically graduated from the RE, but since I'm not going to see an OB in Buffalo, he will be who I call until I leave if there are any issues.

And on the morning sickness end of things, I'm still nauseous ALL day long with very little relief. I'm still not throwing up and I'm so grateful. But I went to acupuncture last night and it was no help. She recommended sea bands, but I've heard mixed reviews. I guess anything is worth a shot right now. I just love food so much and I don't know why this little one doesn't like it.

On the moving end, we started packing, but I feel like its going to take forever and this weekend is our last free weekend and then we have plans every weekend after. The plan is to move back to PA for the summer and most likely the winter depending on where Pat gets a job. He really wants me around our families at this time. So the move is scheduled for mid-May.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Excellent news about the baby..
We definitely need to have a GTG before you go back to PA.. Its great that you will be back near your family.. You better post some pics of that baby of yours on the upstate board though when he comes.. or maybe you could even come visit with baby for a GTG sometime.. I'm so excited for you!