Thursday, February 21, 2008

Definitely Not Pregnant

I went for my beta today. The doctor makes me confirm I'm not pregnant before starting Provera. I totally understand, but it doesn't make getting blood drawn any easier. I hate the experience. I hate that I have to hope that someone who knows what they're doing will draw my blood, I hate the waiting for the phone call from the nurse, and I hate that I actually think that a miracle has happened and I'm pregnant even though I know I did not ovulate. Anyway, I got lucky and got the older lady and not the new girl (who when I got there was having a hard time getting a poor lady's blood and kept apologizing). So thankfully, the older lady did it without a problem. Its still sore and will probably bruise, but not like the last time when this man totally bruised my arm up and down for weeks. It looked like I had been in a fight it was so bad.

So I sat here for 3 hours impatiently waiting for the nurse to call. I sat here getting myself excited thinking that the doctor's office had missed something earlier in the month and that maybe I did ovulate and we timed our random BDing perfectly. Finally, the phone rang at 3:30 with the answer I knew was coming but was still dreading...Not Pregnant. I hear it every month, but yet I still have reason to hope that something will be different. I like that I have hope...it keeps the innocence in this process. If I didn't have hope, I don't know how I would get through this. Being pessimistic has not gotten me anywhere and this is one thing that I truly need to be positive about. I'm so scared about this next step with injectibles, but I KNOW it will work. It has to work. I keep looking at this card my mom sent me that sits on my desk. It says, "Life is fragile, but Hope is Strong." I have to believe this.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hi Erin, I just found your blog, and I wanted to say thanks for sharing your story. I know you have to be incredibly brave to write it all down and post it for everyone to see, but I think that somehow you are going to help someone else as well as help yourself process the whole ordeal. That card from your mom sounds beautiful...I am hopeful for you guys.

If there is ever anything I can do for you - a shoulder to cry on, a lunch buddy, whatever - please let me know.
-Jess (pearlie)