Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Did It!!

I gave myself my first injection. I called in to the doctor's office at 3:30 like I was supposed and got the dosage for the next few days. And I was doing ok all day, staying calm and thinking I could do it. But as I was getting everything ready and got the needle out, I started getting really worked up. It took me about 2 minutes to talk myself into it (it seemed like forever though) and I finally did it. It really wasn't too bad, but I still didn't like it. I iced the spot beforehand for a few minutes and did everything they taught me. It still hurt a bit and already has a tiny little bruise. I'm so proud of myself though. I never thought I would be able to do anything like this. I can't stand needles and even this morning as I was getting bloodwork, I still couldn't look when they do it. Oh well, I don't think I'll ever get used to this, but I am even more positive than before that this will work!!

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yay, that's so great. Congrats!

Lisa said...

I am so proud of you! You are so much stronger than I am.

Angie said...

Good job! i am proud of you, i don't think i could do it to myself!!

Melissa said...

Excellent! One step closer to your baby! Thinking of you!