Saturday, March 1, 2008

Not Going so Well

So after two nights of injections, I found myself with a horrible migraine. It started out as a headache as we were going to dinner last night and by the time we came home, I was in so much pain. I've had migraines before, but this was too much. I was in tears it hurt so bad and couldn't fall asleep or get comfortable. Finally, after 3 tylenol and 2 excedrin (per my mom, the nurse's ok) a cold compress, and 3 hours of tossing and turning, it finally went away. I woke up this morning with just an aching, but now I feel like its coming back again. I took some tylenol earlier and now some excedrin, so hopefully this will keep the migraine away for the evening. But after the horrible night I had, I called the doctor to see if this is normal, since I had migraines when I was on clomid. He said that it couldn't be related to the new meds, but I seem to think he's wrong (as does my mom). And now that its starting again today, I believe even more that this is related to the meds. This does not make me happy because I can't handle this everyday for the next week or so. How will I get through a day?? Pat has already said that if I get another migraine, we are stopping the drugs. This would be it...this would be our last chance and of course, my body can't handle it. I really hope my body adjusts and that I just am able to push through these next few days. I'm not ready to give up yet...

On a side note, we're going to the Melting Pot tonight to celebrate my birthday early just the two of us. I hope a migraine doesn't ruin the night. I just want to enjoy this!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I hope you're feeling better. I'm glad the migraines didn't ruin your fabulous trip to the Melting Pot!

Melissa said...

Just catching up on your blog now. I hope your migraines are staying away and you can keep on with your injectables. I really hope that that this cycle brings you a baby.