Monday, March 3, 2008

Melting Pot

So I just had to detail our experience at the Melting Pot since it was so amazing! Pat told me last week where we were going for my birthday dinner and I was so excited. I've been dropping hints since I found out they were opening. So we got to the restaurant and he gives our name for the reservation. They start walking us through the main dining room and back through these hallways and the rooms are getting smaller and smaller and then we turn a corner and there is this little room with a booth and table. The table had balloons and a card on it. It was the cutest thing ever!!! The private room was so cute and made me feel so special. It was kind of nice too, since we had never had fondue or done anything like this, so we didn't have to worry about being silly or not knowing how things worked. Our waitress was awesome and explained everything. We wound up doing the whole big thing - we got the cheese fondue (cheddar cheese with lager and garlic mixed in - AMAZING!!!, although very filling), the salad (it was a salad, probably not the best, but i barely ate any of it since i was saving room), then the Entree. We got chicken, teriyaki sirloin, filet mignon, shrimp and fish, which we cooked in a broth and red wine and garlic. This came with every type of sauce you could imagine. Pat was in heaven since he loved dipping sauces. My favorite was definitely the teriyaki sirloin. And finally, my favorite part of the night, the chocolate!! We ordered the original chocolate fondue which is milk chocolate with crunchy peanut butter. This came with so many things to dip with - cheesecake, brownies, pound cake, strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows covered in graham crackers and oreo cookies. You would think that with all this food there would be no room to eat any of this - but we finished the entire desert plate!! Honestly, it was the best desert I had ever had. And as I mentioned, we were able to finish it. Really, we were stuffed, but there was so much time in between the courses, we really didn't notice how full we were getting. The night was finished with the hostess taking a picture of us at our table and then brought the photo out in a nice melting pot frame. This was probably one of the best times I've had. It was just such a great experience and I recommend anyone who can go - GO!!! You will not be disappointed!

1 comment:

Jess said...

That sounds awesome! I'm so glad you had a nice birthday celebration. :) I can't wait to go out on Wednesday - it will be fun to continue your birthday celebration!